I love finding simple, creative ways to explore with my kids. When I came across this idea for coffee filter parachutes, it fit the bill because
1) – we already had coffee filters and pipe cleaners (chenille stems)
2) – it required very little finesse or talent. Pinterest and I don’t get along very well.
3) – the possibilities for exploration were endless
We started out mostly following directions.
- Beads weighting the stems in different locations
- Holes in the filters in various locations
- Centered and non-centered stems
Today, we gathered up all our chutes and headed to the local playground.
A couple things we learned: we had the little 4c basket shaped filters. This probably would have worked better with a larger size, and if you’re working with little kids especially, make sure the pipe cleaner ends get bent down so no one gets poked in all the excitement.
What variations did your kids come up with?